At One Great George Street we pride ourselves on being a leading Westminster accessible venue that enables anyone, regardless of ability to participate fully in any event held with us.
For us, accessibility is not just about complying with the legislation set out in the 2010 Equality Act. Itís about delivering faultless service to all our guests, including those with impairments.
More details are available for those with specific mobility, hearing or vision impairments. Our in house Executive Chef and his team are able to cater for a wide range of allergies and dietary requirements or long term medical conditions (e.g. diabetics) or specific requests. Our menus have vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free dishes indicated.
Youíll find a detailed rundown of all our accessibility features, products and services in our downloadable Accessibility Statement document.
Our main features include:
- Close to Westminster Underground Ė one of most accessible and step-free tube stations in London
- A platform lift with integrated steps allowing access via the main entrance of the building. You can see a video here of how it operates
- Wheelchair accessible entrance at the side of the building for VIP and discreet arrivals
- Two sets of accessible toilets on different floors
- Permanent induction hearing loops in the main theatres and portable loops for use anywhere in the building
- Wide internal corridors allow access throughout the building
- The main access routes through the building and many meeting rooms have uncarpeted floors enabling ease of manoeuvrability for wheelchair users
- Permanent and lightweight portable ramps for stage access
- Assistance dogs welcome and catered for
- Written information widely available and in large print
- Strobe fire alarms are installed in all common areas and audible voice synthesisers in all passenger lifts
- Our two purpose-built theatres (Telford Theatre and Godfrey Mitchell Theatre) have been adapted to include space for wheelchair users.
- Main purpose-built theatre (Telford Theatre) has been adapted to include a low gradient ramp and handrail leading to the stage area
If you need any more information donít hesitate to contact us and weíll be delighted to help.