[CMSAbstractTransformation.DataBind]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Wheelchair accessible lifts to all floors of the building
Our platform lift with integrated steps allowing access via the main entrance of the building.
One Great George Street
We are the most accessible historic conference, wedding and events venue in Westminster. Our venue enables anyone, regardless of ability to participate fully in any event held with us. We are proud of our accessibility awards including the much coveted and recent 2013 Caterer and Hotelkeeper Cateys award for Best Accessible Venue.
For us, accessibility is not just about complying with the legislation set out in the 2010 Equality Act (although we do, and review our policies regularly). It’s about delivering faultless service to all our guests, including those with impairments.
For those with specific mobility, hearing or vision impairments more detailed information is available. Our in-house Executive Chef and his team are able to cater for a wide range of allergies and dietary requirements or long term medical conditions (e.g. diabetes) or specific requests. Our menus have vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free dishes indicated.
You’ll find a detailed rundown of all our accessibility features, products and services in our downloadable Accessibility Statement document.
Our main features include:
- Close to Westminster Underground – one of most accessible and step-free tube stations in London
- A platform lift with integrated steps allowing access via the main entrance of the building. You can see a video here of how it operates
- Wheelchair accessible entrance at the side of the building for VIP and discreet arrivals
- Two sets of accessible toilets on different floors
- Permanent induction hearing loops in the main theatres and portable loops for use anywhere in the building
- Wide internal corridors allow access throughout the building
- The main access routes through the building and many meeting rooms have uncarpeted floors enabling ease of manoeuvrability for wheelchair users
- Permanent and lightweight portable ramps for stage access
- Assistance dogs welcome and catered for
- Written information widely available and in large print
- Strobe fire alarms are installed in all common areas and audible voice synthesisers in all passenger lifts
- Our two purpose-built theatres (Telford Theatre and Godfrey Mitchell Theatre) have been adapted to include space for wheelchair users
- Main purpose-built theatre (Telford Theatre) has been adapted to include a low gradient ramp and handrail leading to the stage area
For more information please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be delighted to help.
Adrian Adepitan MBE
"It is just great to be able to access the building through the front door. With this being an old, historic venue, I am so impressed that such effective lift adaptations have been implemented - the facilities are just fantastic!"
TV presenter and wheelchair basketball player.
Hannah V.F. Langford
"I use a powered wheelchair and was thoroughly impressed with all the staff on hand during the conference and the facilities within the building.
The lift mechanism at the front of the building is an ingenious idea and allowed easy access to the building.
The accessible toilet facilities were also excellent.
During the lunch break, the staff helped me to access the buffet lunch, which was both extremely varied and delicious. As I was moving away from the buffet with my plate of food, a member of staff approached me and asked if I would like a table, which he brought and placed so that I could use it to eat my food more easily. He also asked if I would like a drink with my food, which I would have otherwise not have been able to access."