At One Great George Street we are working to become as environmentally friendly as possible. We can all reduce the impact on the environment by making choices. As an organiser you have an important role to play in helping us to be the most sustainable venue possible.
Seven steps you can take to help:
- Travel by public transport – encourage all your delegates to travel to One Great George Street by public transport or on foot.
- Encourage all your delegates to register online. Digital conference packs will dramatically reduce the paper used for each event.
- Be savvy with collateral. If you omit the date and specific details on your welcome packs, badges and stands you can reuse them.
- Feature the conference name on the title slide rather than single use set graphics.
- Conserve Energy. Ask your event co-ordinator and AV technicians to switch off equipment and lighting when not required.
- Allow us to advise you on the greenest menu options.
- Make all meeting hand-outs available electronically. Where this is not possible use recycled paper and print on both sides.